After successfully passing class 12th Board Examinations all the students are required to take one of the important decisions of your life. The choice of higher education leading to a professional career. A period when generally all the students ponder on a question, which stream of education to choose after completion of 12th class.
There is an array of several courses after class 12th that you can take up further depending upon your talent, passion and other aspects. From engineering, medical, commerce, literature, pharmacy, fashion designing, hotel management, to national defense services and many more, there are many choices that you can make. For those of you who already have made their mind, know it clearly where their talent and passion lies. However, many other students need to analyze their aptitude, based on which they can make a career choice. Currently, there are many resources that you can utilize to test your aptitude. For which you can either meet independent career counselors, take up online aptitude test services or either talk to your school teachers. Although, it would be you and your parents who would have to take up this crucial decision of your life. It becomes necessary to know the career options available after class 12th to help you make up your mind. Therefore we are listing down some of it to help you get an idea of different choices that you can make.
1. The most common graduate degree courses that the students generally take up to prepare for civil services are Bachelor’s degree courses in Science, Arts or Commerce depending upon the subject combination they had during their +2 studies(class 11th and 12th). And the admissions to these courses are generally decided by the percentage of marks obtained in class 12th board exams.
2. Engineering and allied courses are very popular choices among the students who have studied PCB in their +2 studies. The admissions to the engineering and related courses are generally decided by engineering entrance examinations like JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
3. The students who had taken up science stream with Biology in class 11th and 12th generally prepare for undergraduate pre-medical entrance exams like NEET. Through which, they can get into courses like MBBS, BDS, bachelor degree in Ayurveda, homeopathy, and veterinary sciences, etc. apart from it, the students having a subject combination of PCB during their class 12th boards can take up undergraduate courses in pharmaceutical science, food processing, and others.
4. Students who have studied science stream in their classes 11th and 12th can also pursue a career in the Indian Army, Indian Navy, or Indian Air Force through getting enrolled at National Defense Academy. For which they would have to clear the entrance exam of National Defense Academy (NDA) which is held twice each year.
5. B.Com, B.Com LLB, Bachelor in Business Administration, Bachelor in Business Economics are some of the popular undergraduate courses for the students of +2 commerce stream.
6. The students of the arts stream also popularly known as humanities students have several Bachelor’s degree courses in humanities. They can also go for other professional courses related to Journalism or Mass Communication, lectureship, etc.
7. Many vocational courses are also there for students of multiple streams like that of Hotel management, Fashion Technology, Film, and Media Technology, Designing courses, travel and tourism courses, cosmetology, beauty courses, BA in vocational human resource management, B.A in vocational marketing management, etc.
8. Apart from the degree and vocational courses, there are also many courses in diploma to choose from. These courses generally cater to the needs of creative students like dress designing courses, drawing and painting courses, tailoring and fabrication courses, textile designing, film arts and audio-visual editing, creative writing, etc. Other diploma courses that can lead to a great career include web designing, graphic designing, hospital and healthcare management, air-hostess training, foreign language courses, and others.
These courses mentioned above are some of the options available after 10+2 studies, and the students can get other opportunities apart from these courses. Students who have studied science stream in their 10+2 studies get more choice of career options. For instance, a science student can choose humanities in college education, but it’s not possible vice versa.If you are not sure which stream of education to choose after completion of 12th class, then you should certainly get your aptitude test done. You can also meet a career counselor, available in your day or boarding school who will help you track your talent profile and guide you according to it.